Khuljaye Bachpan

6:25 PM

The other day when I was making pooris, my 4 year old came running to the kitchen and said: "Mamma, I too want to roll pooris". I gave him a small dough and the rolling pin. He started rolling it and then said: "I want to make car shaped pooris today". Using his cutter he started cutting all over to get as many car shaped pooris. Seeing this I was reminded of the days when my mummy used tell her favorite lines all the time - "when I was your age, I used to make the entire meal, clean the house, take care of siblings along with my studies". These days when I see my kid, I don't blame him for not knowing what I knew because it's just the opposite. He really knows so much more than what I knew when I was his age.

He knows how to use technology, he knows how to keep things neat and tidy, he puts his clothes in the laundry basket, he puts back the toys in the box and he keeps exploring new things all the time...

But does that mean my parents did not do a good parenting or is it me who is not doing it? No, not at all!

We grew in the 90's when there were not so many avenues. Time have changed and we parents think out of the box to buddy with our kids. We remain as best friends to them, so that they learn and keep sharing every detail with us without any hesitation.

I usually buddy with my kid in all his activities and encourage him to learn different aspects of life. Below are some of the "buddy parenting" mantras that I follow, which are interactive and not instructive.

Let's dance with friends, you are a rock star!!! I encourage him to play and dance with friends so that he unlocks his potential and become more open and confident.

Whenever I make rotis, parathas or pooris, I buddy with him and we make it together. Its more fun that way making by himself and seeing the outcome and then enjoy eating. He just loves doing that as it gives him a sense of accomplishment. 

 I usually take him out to malls and parks, so that he gets to see and play around. Usually kids learn many new things when they come out of their comfort zone and develop their own individual personality.

He is my shopping buddy too. He takes the kids trolley and start keeping the things which he likes. As such he knows how to look out for things kept on shelf and also chooses out the things that he likes and dislikes. We usually categorize things as healthy and unhealthy, he is learning it right from this age itself.


 
He loves to try new thing that he sees. I just held the ladder and he was on top celebrating victory. I buddy with him in all his adventures that he loves to try as 'Khuljaye Bachpan’ is about being unfettered and fearless.

 I buddy with him and encourage him to be actively involved in sports and games. It gives him spirit of competitiveness and confidence and take challenges in life with ease as "haarna jeetna, it's all part of a game"

We celebrate festivals with friends and family. Kids learn the art of sharing their joy and happiness with everyone.

Well, these are some of my 'Khushi ke Pal' with my kid, just like the brand Kellogg's Chocos does it. It ensures a happy and secured childhood. Also, do check out their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mychocos to get more inspiration.

You Might Also Like

1