Strawberry Jam Coconut Slice

10:31 AM

Today, I've Ambreen from Simply Sweet 'n Savory as my guest. Myself belonging to the North Indian State of UP, I find Ambreen's recipes going along with my taste buds. Naturally I was attracted to her blog and scanned it completely. She has got a  wonderful collection on her space. Today she has sent me a very innovative and mouthwatering recipe, lets have a look...

Salam and greetings all! My name is Ambreen. I blog over at " Simply Sweet 'n Savory " where I share my favorite sweet and savory recipes.

Firstly, a big thanks to Razina for the invite to guest post here. I recently came across Razina's lovely blog. She asked me to guest post anything related to baking. As I love to bake, it was hard to say no. Most of my baking recipes are quite simple ( nothing fancy at all ) and easy to make, with easily available ingredients.

Here's a recipe of quick and easy slice with buttery biscuit base, strawberry jam filling and a crisp coconut topping. A delicious sweet treat, perfect for afternoon tea or as a snack.

Recipe Source : Taste.com.au




Ingredients (makes 9 large slices):

Base :
1 cup ( 150 gm. ) plain flour
1/4 cup ( 60 gm. ) caster sugar
125gm.  butter, melted



Filling :
1 1/4 cups ( 405 gm. ) strawberry jam ( or your favorite jam, I used homemade )
Topping :
2 cups ( 170 gm. ) desiccated coconut
1/4 cup ( 60 gm. ) caster sugar
2 eggs, whisked



Method:
Preheat oven to 180 C. Line an 8" square pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over the sides

Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined

Press the mixture firmly over the base of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden

Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Keep the oven on

Now, spread the jam evenly over the base

To make the topping, combine the coconut, sugar and eggs in a bowl

Spoon the coconut mixture over the jam, pressing down slightly. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden

Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve


Note:
I halved the amount of jam. Also, used a mix of coconut ( 120 gm. ) + finely chopped almonds ( 50 gm. ) as I ran out of coconut


Wow, this is cool and innovative, a must try!!!

Thank you so much Ambreen for taking out time and doing this post for me, u made my day!!!  Hope to see many more such delicious recipes coming from your side.... :)

Do check out her blog Simply Sweet 'n Savory

You Might Also Like

22