Eid Menu

4:30 PM

A sneak peak into my upcoming Eid Menu
Today I'm sharing my menu for this Eid and the various combinations that you can opt for. On Eid day we don't go for any specific breakfast. As and when guest comes in, we just keep having all the stuffs that I have mentioned under serving guest, and because of this we take our lunch early at around 11 itself. I'll be so busy after coming from Eid prayers as I have to do it all alone. There are some recipes that can be prepared in advance, ie. a day before to make our task easy and some has to be prepared on the day itself, I've mentioned the same against each item. Also to make my work easier, I go for all the readymade masalas and mixes.

Serving guest when they visit us:
1. Sheer Khurma - A day in advance
2. Shahi Tukda - A day in advance
3. Rasmalai - A day in advance
4. Corn Samosa - Shop bought, frozen, I've to just fry it before serving
5. Sharbet-e-Roohafza - Just before serving
You may also make Qimami Seviyan, Gulab Jamuns, Carrot Halwa, Zarda

Lunch
Starter:
1. Chicken Nuggets - On the day itself
2. Qeema pakoda - On the day itself
You may also make fish fry, chicken fry, shami kababs, chapli kababs, tandoori chicken, green chutney, tomato chutney as per preference (all marination can be done a day in advance)

Maincourse:
1. Bombay Biryani - On the day itself
2. Mutton Haleem - On the day itself
3. Salad - Just before serving
4. Raita - Just before serving
Since biryani is a complete meal in itself, I just go for biryani and haleem. For biryani you can either go for mutton biryani or chicken biryani and hyderabadi style or Awadhi style

You may also make any of the following combinations
Combination I
1. Chicken Pulao
2. Aloo Gosht/Mutton Qorma/Achari Gosht
3. Kadhai Chicken

Combination II
1. Mutton Pulao
2. Chicken Qorma
3. Kofta Curry

Desserts:
Chocolate pudding cake with vanilla icecream - A day in advance
You can also serve Kulfi, Puddings, Icecream cake 

Fruits - I will just be placing whole fruits on the lunch table

Then the entire episode is finished with a cup of garma garam tea.... :)

You Might Also Like

8