Banana Chocochip Muffins

9:18 AM

After Remya, the next guest has arrived on my blog. Welcoming Rafeeda AR of The Big Sweet Tooth to my space. I came to know her through her guest post on Joys of Fasting to Feasting on Yummy Food. After that I've been a regular reader of all her post. Though we have not yet chatted personally, but have been commenting on each others post. She has got a wonderful collection of recipes mostly from her native Kerala and off course a lot of sweets and bakes as the title of her blog suggests... Over to you dear..... :)

Salaam all…

This is Rafeeda from “The Big Sweet Tooth” (http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com). The time when Razina published her desire to have guest posts related to baking, I thought I would contribute. Why? Because I love to bake! More than eating the final product, it is the whole feeling that thrills me – putting together all the ingredients, following the steps, beating the wet ingredients, whisking the dry ingredients, preheating the oven, greasing the baking pan, testing the batter if it is sufficiently sweet, pouring the final mix into the pan, sneaking into the oven to check how the cake is faring, and the best and the foremost, the heavenly smell that spreads across the house when the batter is baking!

As of now, I am on a baking ban, thanks to my umma who thinks baking is all about adding on empty calories. However, I still manage to sneak in at times and then explain her that not all baking is bad!

OK, I thought I would offer Razina a very easy, quick fix muffins. I have to make a confession – I love eggless bakes. Yes, bakes with eggs always taste better but for quick bakes, eggless is always a good option. The main thing is that you don’t need to beat eggs for so many minutes – I am plain lazy! Hehe…  If the recipe calls for eggs, I check as to the beating time for the eggs. You see here, there is hardly any beating involved. I found this recipe during my google searching on my phone, unfortunately do not remember the reference! It’s so easy, it hardly takes 10 minutes to mix and put together the batter and within 45 minutes, you have the muffins ready with you… So off to the recipe…




Ingredients (makes 12):
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup wholewheat flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 large banana, mashed
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside

Mash the banana in a large bowl. Sift the flours onto the banana

Slowly add all the ingredients one by one and give a nice whisk until well combined

Spoon in the mixture into the prepared muffin pan till 2/3rd full (best thing is to use an ice cream scooper)

Bake for 20-25 minutes till the top becomes cooked and an inserted tester comes out clean
Wow, this was quite an easy recipe, I'll try my hands on this once I get my baking accessories....

Thank you so much Rafeeda for taking out time and doing this post for me, u made my day!!!  Hope to see many more easy baking recipes coming from your side.... :)

Some basics of baking by Rafeeda can be found here...

Do check out her blog The Big Sweet Tooth ... :)

You Might Also Like

14