Paniyaram Recipe | How to Make Use of Leftover Idli Batter

2:01 PM

Paniyaram also known as paddu is an instant and yummy dish made out of leftover idli batter. It is made using a special pan called paniyaram pan or the appe pan. I am wondering how a simple idli batter can be used in making yummy varieties. You add a little water in the batter and make it into dosa, and then there are variety of dosa that can be made. The same idli batter can also used in making these paniyarams. If you are bored of eating idlis, then do try out this easy variety. Few years back, I never dreamt that I will be venturing into South Indian cuisines, thanks to my son who got the liking of the regional taste from his school.

I usually make this quick recipe for breakfast and also pack a few pieces for my kid's snack in school. Sometimes, I also give it to him as an after school snacks along with coconut chutney.

There are many varieties of paniyarams as well. While I do my research, you enjoy this simple and yummy variety today.




print recipe

Paniyaram
a simple idli batter turned into round fried balls in a drop of oil
Ingredients:
2 cups, idli batter - recipe here
1/2 tsp, cumin seeds
1 small, onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillis, chopped
2 tbsp, coriander leaves, chopped
5-6 curry leaves, chopped
Salt - as needed
Oil for frying

Method:
Mix all the ingredients into the idli batter
Heat the paniyaram pan and add a drop of oil in each mould
Now put the batter in each mould upto 3/4th full and cook on low heat
When the base turns golden, flip over with a wooden spoon and cook the other side too
Enjoy this paniyaram with coconut chutney or sambhar

You Might Also Like

1