Macadamia Nut Encrusted Halibut

9:04 AM



Hello friends, I am with a guest post again, I know its happening back to back.... :). About a week ago I had received an email from Linda Rosario who is a chef and blogger at ChefNeeds based in New York, expressing her desire to do a guest post on my blog. A few emails up and down and here I'm with her post. Thanks a lot Linda for this kind gesture. What she has sent today is Macadamia Nut Encrusted Halibut - for your information I'm providing you the meaning of the words in it. Macadamia is a kind of edible nuts and Halibut is a fish. Let's see what she has to say....

Hi there, just came across your blog and I was very much impressed with how you engage your readers into reading and gaining more knowledge from the blog posts that you are writing about. Your passion in writing and your desire to influence people through your writing emanates in every blog post. I honestly fell in love with your blog and I am already a big fan of it.

Today I am going to make one of my favorite dishes and I promise you that this meal will taste super wicked and you will always remember it not because of the name but rather because of the unique taste of the halibut combined with the encrusted nuts.

Ingredients:
600 grams of Halibut
150 grams of macadamia nuts
20 grams of parsley
100 grams of butter

Method: 
One thing that I think that is important when you work on a halibut is the ideal size. One piece should not be larger than 10 inches. Next, add just a little bit of butter, it is important to know that even if the recipe is for three, one tablespoon of butter should be enough.

Next, we are going to cut some macadamia because we need them chopped up into small pieces, I also advise you to choose some bread that is really low in calories. 

We are just going to add just a little bit of parsley for our flavor and then we are going to dip the halibut into that.

I think that the secret to great halibut is cooking it at a high temperature and don’t cook it very long, six to eight minutes is usually enough. If you want the breading a little bit more brown than it is when the fish is done, than you can just brown the topping a little bit.

This fish has a lot of flavors, it is really a tasty fish, before I add the fish to the pan I am going to spray it with a little bit of olive oil and add just a touch of parsley for a little flavor and color, make sure to chop it really small.

I like fresh parsley because it adds good flavor to this but I think that you may not like super big stems so make sure to slice those up really well.

I think it is best if you don’t add a lot of seasoning to the halibut, this is important if you want to maintain the flavor, just a little bit of salt and pepper should be enough.

I don’t even use a lot of butter, I just place a few drops on top of the halibut to make sure that the heat is distributed evenly, I am just going to coat the top as much as possible and add just a little bit of a coating on the bottom so that it has a little bit of flavor on the bottom.

After we are done with adding the macadamia we are going to bake that for 6 minutes at 60 degrees



Thanks a lot Linda for sending such a wonderful guest post.


Do check out her blog ChefNeeds

You Might Also Like

20