Mango Kalakand

1:54 PM

Every week on our regular shopping, we purchase lots of mangoes and I keep planning to make loads of stuff with it. But Amaan prefers just like that and keeps eating one after the other and hardly I get any piece to make something. One afternoon I just sneaked in my fridge and quietly took a mango and made this yummy kalakand. I have made a big batch but before I could photograph it, it disappeared and finally I got only few pieces to click... hehehe




Mango Kalakand

Ingredients:
Milk - 2 litres
Mango pulp - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 2 -3 tsp
Cardamom - 2
Pistachios - 8-10, sliced, for garnishing

Method:
In a pot add half the milk and bring it to a boil.

Lower the flame and add lemon juice, the milk will curdle

Drain the milk in a muslin cloth, so that all the whey is drained

Wrap the muslin cloth, run it under cold water and squeeze. Keep aside

In a separate pot, boil the remaining milk, ie. 1 litre, with the cardamoms and simmer till it is reduced to half

In a pan, add the mango pulp and sugar. Cook for around 5 minutes

Add the reduced milk and paneer to the mango pulp and mix

Cook on simmer till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan

Pour it in a greased plate and spread evenly, about half an inch thick

Garnish with pistachio and let it set for an hour

When set, cut into small pieces and serve

Notes:
You can into any shapes and sizes. I had made mine into bite size pieces for my kid
It was devoured so fast that I did not garnish it

You Might Also Like

7