A Healthy Child Makes a Happy Home

8:58 AM

Children are the treasures of the world. Healthy and happy kids are just like flowers blooming in the garden, loved and cared by everyone. Their warmth and energy fill our hearts and homes. My 4 year old son, Amaan is very hyperactive child. He never sits in one place; always keeps chirping and hopping around with full energy and enthusiasm.

However, sometimes there are those unwanted days when he falls sick.  Those are the only days when my superhero will be super quiet and lying in one place. The house becomes so silent and dull and we become depressed and worries starts showing on our faces.

Each child suffers from diseases at different stages of their growth. As a baby my son suffered from colic pain, as he was bottle fed which often resulted in stomach upset. Once he grew up and started having solids, he started having stomach upsets every now and then. Once he started going to school, he caught viral very often, it was more like twice in a month. These virals were accompanied by high fever, cold and cough. All this lead to his loss in appetite which ultimately resulted in his weakness and prone to get sick more often. He used to skip school every now and then. As a result of all this, I started suffering from insomnia and depression. Most of the time I would be worried about him.  I had started putting restrictions not only his food habit but also his playtime outdoor was curtailed. And because of all this, my son was not enjoying his childhood life.

Each time he was sick, I use to visit his allopathic paediatrician and she use to prescribe him antibiotics. Though he used to get better after having those medicines but his sickness became more of a recurring nature, as those medicines gave only short term relief. Having so much of antibiotic, resulted in further loss of his natural immunity. Fed up of all this, I started following hundreds of home remedies by surfing on net and some that were suggested by friends. I even tried homeopathy, but that too did not show any positive result.

One fine day, I was casually watching TV, when I saw the ad of Dabur Chyawanprash. It boasted of increasing the immunity 3 times and hence protection against illness. It has a number of herbs like Amla, known to be one of the best antioxidants, Giloy (Guduchi), known to have immuno-modulatory properties, and has more than 40 other natural ingredients. Since I had tried every kind of treatment available, finally I set my hand on trying this and I started giving him a teaspoon everyday. Within a month it showed up the results. My son’s immunity became strong and he did not fell sick often. He started going to school regularly and also all his fun activities were back to normal. My visits to doctor got reduced and I had a happy and chirpy home once again!!!

You Might Also Like

2