Orange Cake

11:11 AM

Hello all, its time again for another esteemed guest on my blog and today its Fajeeda from Faji's Hot Pot. A very big welcome to you dear. Well, I came to know Fajeeda through her guest post on Joys of Fasting to Feasting on Yummy Food. She had posted a lovely special bread toast recipe over there. Ever since I've become a big fan of her page and her culinary skills. She is born and brought up in UAE, the country where I grew up, did my education, jobs and had the most wonderful part of my life, which I will cherish forever. She has got a collection of arabic dishes as well. I will try each and every one of them as and when possible and will publish it here. If you happen to see her blog you will also see that she has got a wonderful collection of cakes and bakes recipes. Today she has brought in Orange Cake for me and to all the fans of my page. Also when I logged in today I had a message from Sadaf that my recipe for China Grass Pudding has won the award of the Most Popular Dish in her Virtual Eid Potluck Party. Thank you Sadaf for this award. Now over to Fajeeda for her recipe.....

When Razina asked me to do a guest post on her blog ,I was so happy and agreed to do.

I'm so much passionate of cooking and more in baking. As my kids love all the baked goodies what I make.So I keep on adding new flavours to my cakes. Here is simple and easy cake which all will love to have with tea or coffee. This cake is super moist cake.

With these measurements I got 6 cup cakes,6 mini bundt cakes and a small loaf cake.

Now to the recipe ...


Ingredients:
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Powdered sugar - 2 cups
Eggs - 3, at room temperature
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Fresh Orange juice - 1 cup
Butter - 3/4 cup at room temperature


Method:
Sift the flour and baking powder and keep aside

Now beat the butter and sugar till creamy
Now add eggs one by one beating well after each addition
Now add the vanilla essence
Now fold in the flour slowly
Add the orange juice also in between adding the flour
Grease the cake tins
Preheat the oven at 200 degree C for 15 minutes
Now pour the batter to prepared tins
Bake this at 175 degree C for 30 to 35 mins or till the tester comes out clean.(and if doing cup cake it will be baked in 20 to 25 mins)
Allow the cakes to cool
Enjoy the orange cake!!!
Wow this cake looks so perfect and I love the color and the clicks.

Thank you so much Fajeeda for taking out time and doing this lovely guest post for me!!! Hope to see many more wonderful baked goodies coming from your side.... :)

Do check out her blog Faji's Hot Pot

You Might Also Like

6