Chocolate Walnut Cake

11:12 AM

I finally have to admit that I'm baking a lot these days and my oven is being used way too much. Last year when I had purchased it, it was used only for heating purposes as opposed to its use now a days. Though I love baking and having the yummy results, I restrict myself to a piece or two, rest is given to the kids in the apartment. Today I'm sharing one such yummy bakes that I had made few weeks back. Addition of walnuts will give extra crunchiness to this cake. Scroll for the recipe......
















Chocolate Walnut Cake

Recipe Source : Awesomecuisine.com

Ingredients:
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Butter - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Chopped walnuts - 1/3 cup

 

Method:
Pre heat the oven on convection mode at 180 degree celsius

Grease the cake tin with oil / butter

Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder together in a bowl. Keep aside

Beat butter, sugar and egg till fluffy and creamy in another bowl

Slowly mix the sieved flour mixture and the beaten eggs

Add milk to make smooth batter. Also add chopped walnuts to it

Pour the cake batter into the greased cake dish and bake at 180 degree celsius at lower rack for 35 – 40 minutes at convection mode

Allow to cool. Garnish with icing and fresh fruits of your choice

Notes:
Preheating of oven is very important
To avoid a dry or dehydrated cake ensure that the cake batter is of a thinner ribbon consistency i.e. the batter should fall f from a height in a ribbon shape
You can adjust the consistency by adding more milk

You Might Also Like

16